Why Choose Us?

To find out more about us or for more friendly help and advice, why not get in touch

Costing & Funding

At the ENA Care Group we are passionate about providing the highest quality care to enable individuals to live at home and fulfil every aspect of their lifestyle. The cost of your care depends on the level of care needs you may require. Why not call a member of our team to arrange a free assessment? Here we can discuss your care needs and give you a more accurate idea of how much it will cost. This is also a great opportunity for you to ask any questions regarding our care services and get to know about us as a company.

Live-in Care Cost Outline

We are currently providing Live in Care Nationwide. Basic live-in care services start from £881.28 per week which is inclusive of Bank Holidays

Definition of a basic live-in care service:

  • 8 hours hands on care including a 2-3 hour break with no night calls. The rest of the time is ‘leisure time’ where the carer is in the house but may be watching TV or on the computer in their room but are available in an emergency.
  • Carer does not require specialist training.
  • No preferences regarding a carers background or first language.

Hourly Care Cost Outline

We are currently providing domiciliary care in Welwyn Garden City, St Albans, Hatfield, Radlett, Borehamwood, Elstree, Markyate and surrounding villages. To find out if we can provide care in your area, please contact the office for more information.

Hourly care between £19-£22 per hour depending on your care needs.

To find out more, or to discuss any information regarding our costs please contact us


If you are looking for care for a friend or relative privately, you may not be aware that there are helpful financial benefits that you may be eligible for from your local authority. Each local council must review each individual’s request for support so it is incredibly useful for you to talk to your local adult social services and arrange an assessment of your needs. With our team of highly qualified health professionals with experience in healthcare we are here to help you find the funding you may be entitled to.

If you or your loved one are eligible for funding for a residential home or day care centre you are more than likely to be eligible for funding to live at home and have live-in or domiciliary care. Local authorities have a selection of schemes such as ‘direct payments’ that you can put towards choosing your own care services as opposed to having a service provided to you by your local council. This places the control of who provides your support firmly in your grasp, allowing you to pick the services you want instead of having to use local council services or go into residential care.

Self-Directed Support

Self directed support (SDS) is a scheme throughout local authorities nationwide that gives you, or the person you wish to be in charge, control over the money you may be entitled to from your local authority service. Also known as ‘personalisation’ or ‘personal budgets’. An individual’s budget can come from several places including social services, personal independence payment (PIP), the Independent Living Fund (ILF) and Supporting People. It is well worth talking to your local social services and finding out the options that are more than likely to be available to you or your loved one.

Financial Services available from your Local Authority:

Direct Payments

Direct payments are cash payments that your local County Council pay into your bank account if you are eligible for support. You can ask social services to give you the amount of money you are eligible for as a direct payment instead of providing you with a service. This gives you the choice to arrange and pick your own care service offering more flexibility and control over whom you would like to provide your care. It can also go towards any financial costs that aid your care needs such as mobility equipment or amendments to your home.

Who is eligible for help from Health and Community Services within your Local Authority?

Many people are not always aware of the services available to them and the financial help they could receive. Each local authority must review and consider every request for support from every individual so it is worth talking to your local adult social services or other health and community services in your area.

Who can receive Direct Payments?

  • Disabled people over 16 years old.
  • Older People
  • Carers, including people with parental responsibility for a child or young carers who are over 16-years old.
  • A ‘suitable person’ on behalf of an adult who lacks the capacity to consent to direct payments themselves.
  • If you already receive social care services

To find out more, contact your local adult social services.

4 steps to being in control

Step 1: Your money – finding out how much
The first thing to do is to find out if you can get money for your support – and how much. Talk to your local authority or local adult social services to arrange an assessment of your care needs.

Step 2: Making your support plan
The second thing is to make a plan about how you’ll use the money to get the life you want. This may include the cost of the care service you would like and equipment you might need. There are services within your local council that can help you plan the support you need and your plan with need to be agreed by a social worker.

Step 3: Organising your money
Once your social worker has agreed on your plan you will get your personal budget. You can get the money yourself as a direct payment, you can choose someone to look after the money for you or you can do a bit of both. From here you can choose which care service you would like to provide your care. You personal budget will place the control of your care needs firmly in your grasp.

Step 4: Managing your Money
You will need to show your local authority where you are spending the money they provide to ensure that you are using the money on your care needs. Your local authority should talk you through each of these steps and show you how to manage your personal budget.

For information on the costing & funding options of Live in Care, contact us at the office on: 01707 333 700 or email us at care@ena.co.uk