Why Choose Us?
To find out more about us or for more friendly help and advice, why not get in touch
Inspired by our high quality live-in service we wanted to offer a reliable hourly live-out service that is as professional and dependable as our full time services.
What is Hourly Care?
Hourly care, also known as domiciliary care, is a service for individuals who are able to live independently but may require additional assistance with household duties or require periods of companionship and help with preparing meals for a few hours of the day or week. The Elisa Group provide live-out care throughout Hertfordshire and can provide carers for any short period of time as many times during the week as you may need.
“The ENA & Elisa carers go above and beyond to help Dad out. They really do care about him and I appreciate all their hard work. It’s a huge relief knowing I can rely on their carers and when they say they’ll be there, they always are.” Ms M, Hertfordshire
Our domiciliary carers are based in Hertfordshire and the length of these daily or weekly visits is completely up to you. Visits within Hertfordshire can be arranged on a week by week basis where you decide how many times you would like a carer to visit that week and for how long. Each of our domiciliary carers are safeguarded and trained in-house and our Fast Response service is also included, meaning you can rest assured you’re in safe hands.
We pride ourselves for providing a reliable and flexible domiciliary service. Our experience providing long term care has inspired us to provide a high quality live-out service to ensure that individuals can live as independently as they wish, with as much or as little assistance as they please. For us, reliability is key. We understand that these short visits are the stepping-stone to enabling you to continue to live at home and maintain your independence. We also understand that these visits are helping to assist on daily routines such as washing, dressing and eating or simply a companion call and so the visits arranged by you need to be dependable and consistent.
“I feel safe cared for by the ENA & Elisa staff. I have never had any concerns about being exploited or being in any way at harm. I happily let my domiciliary carer walk around my home with no concerns, they are like family.” Mrs A, Hertfordshire
We are currently providing domiciliary care in Welwyn Garden City, St Albans, Hatfield, Radlett, Borehamwood, Elstree, Markyate and surrounding villages. To find out if we can provide care in your area, please contact the office for more information. This is where you can discuss your care needs with an experienced member of our team who will be able to talk you through the care transition into hourly care and assess your care needs. We are able to set up a care service within 24 hours if necessary.
We also provide other quality care services such as live-in care and respite care. Find out more about our other services.
Our Fast Response service is also included in all the services we provide. Read more about our Fast Response.
Over 80% of our clients have been referred to us by friends or family and we pride ourselves for really taking the time to listen and help each of our clients whether it is about their care service or if they need help finding funding. As a company we are continually developing our services and our training to improve and innovate what we offer to individuals. This is apparent in the care options we provide, the caring attitude of our staff and the feedback we receive from our current clients.
The high quality of our services and what you can expect from us are reflected in our CQC reports, which are all current and up to date to this year. To read all of our CQC reports, please click the logo at the bottom of the page. You can also read our latest CQC report for our Live In Services
We have been providing care to a wide spectrum of individuals with varied specialist requirements and needs. We take the time to listen to each individual and develop a care plan around their needs and what they require from a carer and service provider in order to remain as independent as they please. We have taken on board and developed ideas from those that really know about care and what a care service should provide – our clients. We specialise in providing highly trained carers to assist individuals with Cerebral Palsy, Parkinson’s, Multiple Sclerosis, Dementia, Spinal Injury and those who have previously suffered from a Stroke. From working alongside these individuals for the past 20 years and developing great relationships with them we are proud of the specialist services we offer.
An example of roles a live-in carer is trained to undertake:
- Personal Care – i.e. bathing, washing, teeth cleaning, hair care, nail care, foot care, eye care etc. as appropriate
- Assistance with dressing and undressing as required
- Daily exercise, often as directed by the physiotherapist
- Assistance with mealtimes as required
- Helping the client in and out of bed or wheelchair using a hoist where applicable
- Mobility assistance, including manual handling transfers and pushing wheelchairs
- Drivers to attend recreational activities or appointments
- Encouragement to maintain their independence within their limitations
- Establish a rapport with the client by giving support and having regard for the clients needs
- Encouragement to use prescribed equipment and assist with the use of the equipment when authorised by the Care Manager/Care Coordinator or a registered healthcare professional
- Contact a doctor, emergency services or make appointments
- Administration of prescribed medications
- Prepare and cook meals
- Help with general housework, cleaning and domestic tasks to maintain a high quality of living which the client may not ordinarily achieve without assistance
- Toileting, assisting with bowel and bladder management, fitting of urinary devices and dealing with incontinence management (in some cases)
What you can expect from us:
- Dedicated Care Co-ordinator
- Highly trained Carer
- Flexible and reliable care service
- Exceeding the guidelines recommended by the CQC
- Help and advice
- Friendly, compassionate and professional Office staff
- Fast Response 24/7