Why Choose Us?
To find out more about us or for more friendly help and advice, why not get in touch
The cause and affect a stroke has on an individual and their family members lies at the heart of ENA as it has affected friends and family close to us. Every stroke is different and the after effects of suffering from a stroke are completely unique to each person. If you, or a loved one have had a stroke it can present a number of temporary and long term challenges that you don’t need to face alone. With the right help and support, life after stroke really doesn’t have to stop and can return to normal or as close to it as possible.
Our Specialist Stroke Carers
Having a one to one carer at home to provide stroke aftercare means you can be assisted with every aspect that you have come to find more challenging. You may struggle to communicate with others and a one to one live-in carer means they are there to get to know your unique needs and how to communicate with you. Personal assistance throughout the day means you are able to continue to do the things you enjoy with a trained assistant who can ensure your personal needs are met. Daily activities, such as cooking, light housework or going to meet friends and family don’t need to be considered a special request and you can rest assured that a trained carer can help, accompany and assist you whenever you need it. Each of our carers will be able to work with other professionals such as physiotherapists, occupational, speech and language therapists, dieticians and doctors to provide a holistic approach to care aimed at improving strength, muscle tone, speech, mobility and independence.
Each of our carers have completed stroke training that includes:
- Identifying the early signs and symptoms of stroke.
- Discuss the causes of Stroke and preventative measures. Importance of medication such as anticoagulants and statins.
- Discuss the effects of a Stoke and the behavioural, social, emotional and psychological effects.
- Effective communication.
- Swallowing, eating etc. Assisted cough, suctioning and PEG etc.
- Mobilisation, stretching exercises.
- Work with other agencies such as physiotherapists, occupational, speech therapists, dieticians and doctors.
- Provide a holistic approach to care aimed at improving strength, muscle tone, speech, mobility and independence.
If you would like to find out more about our specialist live-in care services, why not contact us today?