What do live-in carers do?
- Support with bathing, dressing and toileting
- Support with incontinence care
- Administer medication
- Prepare meals and wash dishes
- Complete household chores such as laundry, ironing, dusting and hoovering
- Offer mobility support around the home
- Run errands
- Feed, walk and care for a pet
- Take your client out and about in the community (for shopping, appointments)
- Provide emotional support
- Provide companionship and most importantly, be a friend to your client
Why work for ENA?
We believe in enabling our clients to achieve a high level of independence by providing high-quality, person-centred care, and using the ‘mum’ test in everything we do.
We ensure everyone’s needs are fostered by applying good listening skills, a caring nature and showing compassion and empathy for every one of our clients.
We always aspire to greater things, by listening to feedback and using the things we learn to build on our services.
If you are new to care or have very little experience, you would be placed with a lesser needs client. This means you would be paid towards the lower end of the scale.
If you have more experience and skills that would be beneficial to a higher or complex needs client, you would be paid towards the higher end of the scale.
Your pay rate will be agreed with you by your case manager before each placement.
Perks & benefits
Free training and accommodation
Complete the nationally-recognised Care Certificate during our training and assessment week, where you will also receive free accommodation
Support & advice 24 hours a day, 7 days a week
Our care team includes qualified healthcare professionals, such as registered nurses, who support our carers in work
An opportunity to work with a wide array of clients and earn a competitive salary of between £500–£700 per week
Refer a friend scheme
As an employee, you could earn up to £500 if you refer a friend as a live-in carer or a client
Opportunities to obtain further qualifications while you’re working
Up to 28 days paid leave per annum (pro-rata)