Posted on 17/09/2019
Brexit Guidance for Care Staff
The UK Government has published an update on EU citizens who wish to come to live and work in the UK after the UK leaves the European Union on 31st October 2019.
These arrangements are in addition to those already available for non-British EU nationals already in the UK and eligible to apply for “Settled Status” or “Pre-Settled Status”.
We recommend the following actions for all care staff with EU citizenship:
- Join the EU Settlement Scheme;
- Follow the Brexit Checklist for Citizens;
- Arrive in the United Kingdom a minimum of 24 hours before your placement, to allow for planned disruption during the Brexit transition;
- Arrange to have your Flu Vaccination soon to protect yourself and your client during the upcoming winter months. In the event of a no-deal Brexit, there is expected to be shortages of the flu vaccination. You should be able to arrange your Flu Jab at your Local GP or Boots Pharmacy;
- Review your insurance arrangements, particularly travel insurance; this may not be valid in the United Kingdom after 31st October 2019
Our team are on hand at the office should you require any further guidance or support.
Please do not hesitate to contact the office on 01707 333700